The Scientific-Technological Sector of PR at the OOII in Geneva is called to participate in the integrated promotion activities of the Italian System, under the guidance of the Permanent Representative, and in particular deals with:
– the participation to the works and assistance to the Italian delegations at the International Organizations (CERN, ITU, WMO, IPCC IUCN, UPU, UNCCD, UNEP, UPOV, UFCC) and for the following Conventions CITES, RAMSAR, BASEL, ROTTERDAM and STOCKHOLM, MINAMATA etc)
– the promotion of Italian science and technology;
– the promotion of contacts between research institutions, institutes of advanced scientific training, and the Italian and Swiss academic world;
– the informatives about research, development and innovation in Switzerland;
– the organization of scientific and technological initiatives;
– the promotion of the mobility of researchers and scholars.